Me in the Hunger Games: What’s the wifi code for this arena?
The Beatles’ imitation of fans.
Blackfish - Trailer
Beyond the lies, beneath the deception, the truth will surface.
OKAY, WE NEED TO REBLOG THE FUCK OUT OF THIS. EVEN IF YOU’RE NOT AN ANIMAL PERSON, YOUR FOLLOWERS NEED TO SEE THIS. ESPECIALLY DURING THE HEIGHT OF VACATION SEASON. DO NOT SUPPORT SEA PARKS WITH CAPTIVE WHALES. IT’S NOT ENVIRONMENTAL PROPAGANDA (I can’t believe I even used those words) IT’S A REAL ISSUE AND IT’S NOT A MATTER OF PROOF, IT’S A MATTER OF COVERING IT UP AND IGNORING
Okay let me tell you some shit about Orcas I found out while doing a report on them
Orcas are smart ass mother fuckers. In the wild they hunt fish in pods so they can create a net of bubbles to capture fish and then eat them. They also hunt in pods so they can create waves to knock seals off of ice flows. Orcas are so smart they form societies based on their ancestry so they can care for their young and survive.The entire ocean is full of orcas that are smart enough to distinguish between humans and actual prey. And I know this because ORCAS HAVE NEVER KILLED HUMANS IN THE WILD. NEVER. THESE ANIMALS ARE SO SMART THEY KNOW AFTER A QUICK GLANCE THAT “HEY THAT’S NOT A SEAL. THAT’S NOT SOMETHING I WANT TO EAT, IT’S A GROSS HUMAN”
GUESS WHAT ELSE, MOTHERFUCKER? THE ONLY KNOWN DEATHS FROM ORCA ATTACKS HAVE BEEN IN CAPTIVITY.
WE HUMANS TOOK THESE MAGNIFICENT CREATURES FROM THEIR HOMES AND PUT THEM IN THE EQUIVALENT OF A BATHTUB AND THEN WE GET UPSET WHEN THEY ATTACK US. IT’S NOT THE WHALES FAULT.
AND YOU KNOW THOSE “CUTESY” FLOPPED OVER FINS? THAT’S ACTUALLY CAUSED BY THE TANKS BEING SO SHALLOW AND ROUND. IN THE WILD ORCAS CAN GO THOUSANDS OF FEET DEEP AND THE WATER PRESSURE IS WHAT KEEPS THE FINS UP, BUT IN THE TANKS THE WHALE IS STUCK SWIMMING IN A CIRCLE SO IT DEVELOPS A CRIPPLED FIN.
SO DON’T EVER TELL ME WHALES IN CAPTIVITY IS A GOOD THING, BECAUSE YOU’RE WRONG MOTHERFUCKER.
SOURCES SO YOU CAN VERIFY THAT THIS SHIT IS TRUE.
Best goddam thing I’ve ever read
I’m…. Casually going on over 36,000 notes guys….
Captive cetaceans are so traumatized by their living conditions that they abuse their young. They are bred before maturity, making unstable and unready mothers out of underage orcas. Breeding orcas in captivity often results in miscarriages and stillbirths, likely due to maternal distress.
Those who survive to birth are not likely to be properly nurtured, in addition to having been already born compromised by poor maternal health, compounding the psychological issues caused by keeping whales in captivity.
One of the most famous cetaceans ever, the original Flipper, committed suicide due to his captivity.
FUCK SEAWORLD AND EVERY OTHER PARK LIKE IT
I don’t want to learn in a classroom anymore. I want to travel and talk to people and learn that way. I want to learn as I go, gathering knowledge and not being rigorously tested on it. I don’t want to lose passion in the things I like because of the worry of exams. I want to fuelled by snippets of knowledge I gain from people and be inquisitive. School has stolen my passion for the things I’m interested in and I hate it for that.
2. push yourself to fall asleep earlier - start with 11pm, then 10pm, then 9pm. wake up in the morning feeling re-energized and comfortable.
3. erase processed food from your diet. start with no lollies, chips, biscuits, then erase pasta, rice, cereal, then bread. use the rule that if a child couldn’t identify what was in it, you don’t eat it.
4. get into the habit of cooking yourself a beautiful breakfast. fry tomatoes and mushrooms in real butter and garlic, fry an egg, slice up a fresh avocado and squirt way too much lemon on it. sit and eat it and do nothing else.
5. stretch. start by reaching for the sky as hard as you can, then trying to touch your toes. roll your head. stretch your fingers. stretch everything.
6. buy a 1L water bottle. start with pushing yourself to drink the whole thing in a day, then try drinking it twice.
7. buy a beautiful diary and a beautiful black pen. write down everything you do, including dinner dates, appointments, assignments, coffees, what you need to do that day. no detail is too small.
8. strip your bed of your sheets and empty your underwear draw into the washing machine. put a massive scoop of scented fabric softener in there and wash. make your bed in full.
9. organise your room. fold all your clothes (and bag what you don’t want), clean your mirror, your laptop, vacuum the floor. light a beautiful candle.
10. have a luxurious shower with your favourite music playing. wash your hair, scrub your body, brush your teeth. lather your whole body in moisturiser, get familiar with the part between your toes, your inner thighs, the back of your neck.
11. push yourself to go for a walk. take your headphones, go to the beach and walk. smile at strangers walking the other way and be surprised how many smile back. bring your dog and observe the dog’s behaviour. realise you can learn from your dog.
12. message old friends with personal jokes. reminisce. suggest a catch up soon, even if you don’t follow through. push yourself to follow through.
14. think long and hard about what interests you. crime? sex? boarding school? long-forgotten romance etiquette? find a book about it and read it. there is a book about literally everything.
15. become the person you would ideally fall in love with. let cars merge into your lane when driving. pay double for parking tickets and leave a second one in the machine. stick your tongue out at babies. compliment people on their cute clothes. challenge yourself to not ridicule anyone for a whole day. then two. then a week. walk with a straight posture. look people in the eye. ask people about their story. talk to acquaintances so they become friends.
16. lie in the sunshine. daydream about the life you would lead if failure wasn’t a thing. open your eyes. take small steps to make it happen for you. (via bongsanddoobies)